MLT is honored to be working with and sponsored by Dr. Richard Caruso and the Uncommon Individual Foundation (UIF). As a serial entrepreneur, Dr. Caruso has worked through UIF and his various businesses to have a hand in changing the lives of numerous people. As a result of his efforts, he was awarded Ernst and Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year in 2006. The following are the criteria he has lived by which have driven him to be the success he is today.
In his own words:
“When I first began my entrepreneurial journey, I still had a need for a comprehensive understanding and definition of individual personal success that I could share with others in pursuit of a new career. I knew that I had many years left in my professional life; it was far from over. I began to ask myself how I could define my career goals and decisions within a framework that would bring satisfaction and success.I laid out nine criteria for myself that I wanted to accomplish. The following list details the objectives I came up with as a framework for my career.
I wanted to:
1. Do something intellectually challenging
2. Work with leading-edge technology
3. Work with people I liked and respected, and who respected me
4. Work on something that would benefit mankind
5. Solve problems on a personal basis for my fellow man
6. Accomplish something important that hadn’t been done before
7. Create a vision that others could understand and follow
8. Create interesting career opportunities for others
9. If all the above criteria were fulfilled, be financially successful
To redefine myself through these standards, I set out to pursue a new career path that would allow me to make a positive impact. Now, I am continuing to take deliberate steps to fulfill these nine criteria as new opportunities unfold for me. I want to try to continue to make a meaningful difference in this world. While I recognize that many of my pursuits require my business and financial expertise, I strongly believe in the importance of helping others on their entrepreneurial journeys.
It is my sincere hope that these criteria will inspire you to engage your own personal liberty, take control of your life, and achieve your personal success and happiness by finding, understanding, and releasing the uncommon individual you were born to be. Believe me, you will not regret it.”